Birth Doula Package ($900) “The word Doula comes from the ancient Greek, meaning “a woman who serves” and is now used to refer to a trained and experienced professional who provides continuous physical, emotional and informational support to the mother before, during, and just after birth.” (DONA)
Having a doula attended birth is extremely helpful to the mother and partner no matter what kind or birth you’re planning. Whether you’re planning a hospital birth, home birth, cesarean, or V-BAC I will support you and your decisions.
As your birth doula my role is to provide support throughout your pregnancy, birth, and postpartum period. I want you to feel well cared for, informed, and supported in your choices, so that your family’s transition to life with a new baby is smooth and joyful. Birth is an experience that often triggers huge growth and revelation in relationships. My role as a doula is not to take the place of your partner or loved one at your birth but instead to facilitate connection, involvement, and care. In the same way, parents often go through personal growth during and after childbirth. Making informed decisions and speaking up for the rights of yourself and your child is a very powerful thing. Having a baby is a very powerful thing. I hope parents come out of the experience with a sense of their own power.
- I offer a complimentary interview to discuss individual needs for birth and to make sure we are a good fit. This can be via phone call or in person but I highly recommend a face to face meeting.
- The package includes 2 prenatal visits for about two hours each where we will get to know each other, plan for your birth, and practice pain relief techniques. I will provide you with evidence based information on all procedures and options so that you can form a birth plan based on your preferences.
- I will guide you to any resources or references you might need during our work together. Reading and research are my favorites so I always have recommendations and a huge library to lend from. I’m available for phone, text, or email communication throughout pregnancy and postpartum.
- If you choose, I offer informal photography, prenatally, during labor, and postpartum. I say informal because my role as your doula will always come first. That said, I am almost always able to grab at least a few good shots.
- During birth I will support you emotionally and physically; from coaching you through the pain relief techniques and positions that we have gone over, to getting your partner a sandwich so that they don’t have to leave your side. I will keep you well-informed and updated on any changes or unfamiliar practices so that you and your partner can communicate efficiently with your care providers. I also help manage visitors, set up a relaxing atmosphere, and anything else you might need to get into the ideal mind frame to birth your baby.
- After your birth I will stay with you and your family until you feel settled in, usually 2-3 hours. I will assist you in making the most of the very special bonding time that occurs after birth with skin to skin time, breastfeeding and baby wearing. I can attend to any other needs such as food or comfort so that you and your partner can be with your new baby.
- The package also includes one 2 hour postpartum appointment where I visit you and your little one in your home. I check on the emotional and physical health of both you and your baby and assist with any questions you may have in the important but often overlooked fourth trimester. Attachment in the first few years of life is one of my passions, and as a baby wearing consultant for Boba Baby Carriers, I love helping parents learn to use carriers and discover which is right for their family. We will also go over breastfeeding and sleep solutions, making sure you’re on track for rest and success!
- I offer placenta encapsulation and placenta keepsakes as an add on to my birth doula service. Many mothers choose encapsulation for it’s health benefits and as a way to honor their baby and the organ that helped grow her. Doula clients receive a discount on placenta services. Please click here for more information.